Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Alex Pettyfer Shows Off His Abs and Tattoos

Alex Pettyfer has shown how hot he can be in a newly-found picture for VMAN. To be featured in the latest issue of the magazine, which goes on sale next week, the single shot photo is in black and white and captures the 19-year-old British actor flaunting his ripped body as well as some of the tattoos he has.
Pettyfer will soon be seen portraying the new Beast in “Beastly”, a modern interpretation of “Beauty and the Beast“. For the part, he has to undergo challenging transformation including shaving his blonde hair. “I went through a couple of challenges physically,” he told HitFix. “I had to shave all of my goldilocks which was one of the hardest things for me mentally. And then physically I put on about 12 to 15 pounds [of muscle], because I’m actually quite a skinny guy.”
On what effect the shaving of his head brings, he shared, “I think when you have an image and you have been with that image for quite some while to change how you look can knock a person’s confidence.” He added, “It really affected me because as soon as I shaved my head it kind of put me in this weird place, the same place [Kyle is in after his transformation] which really helped me with the role a lot.”
The Alex Rider in 2006′s “Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker” went on explaining, “But at the same time, it kind of is a challenge because you are fighting personally with your own problems off set, but then onset you have a great resource to go to.”
In “Beastly”, which will hit theaters across the U.S. July 30, 2010, Alex Pettyfer will share screen with Vanessa Hudgens and Mary-Kate Olsen. Of co-starring alongside those two actresses, he said, “I was a very lucky guy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment